- To have your water tested for a list of contaminants to look for in your community:
- EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline (1-800-426-4791)
- National Testing Labs (1-800-458-3330)
- “What’s In Your Drinking Water” – Everything you need to know in order to fill your glass from a tap with confidence.
- “Is My Water Safe?“
- “Drinking Water and Disease” – from Physicians for Social Responsibility
Water filters vary significantly in effectiveness for different needs.
- NSF International offers a certification program for water filtration systems based on standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Up-to-Date information about water filtration systems can be obtained here.
- Is there plastic in your bottled water? Check out this recent study.
- Water Filtration Methods Comparison Guide
- Rain water may not always be “safe”, but it is environmentally friendly and it can be collected and used for garden watering or other outdoor needs.
- Use Stainless Steel or Glass Water Bottles.