The Best & Healthiest Smoothie Recipe that Kids Will LOVE!
Use a Nutri Bullet or VitaMix to Blend
Use all organic ingredients when possible-
Recipe makes 2, 8 oz smoothies
- ¼ to ½ cup organic blueberries
- 1 cup Coconut, Flax or Hemp milk may dilute with ½ cup water and or ice
- 1/2 cup spinach (it’s tasteless in a smoothie )
- ½ organic green apple
- 2 scoops Arbonne vegan vanilla protein powder (10 gms of protein per scoop)
- For extra smoothness, add ¼ to ½ avocado
- If not allergic to nuts, add 1 tsp. organic almond butter
- If extra fiber is needed, add 1- teaspoons of freshly ground flax seed
Healthy sources of protein help stabilize blood sugar levels which in turn improves our mood, mental focus, decreases cravings for sugary food which lessens ones risk for developing all kinds of problems including obesity and Type 2 Diabetes.
There are other vegan protein powders available, however Arbonne’s protein powder contains 3 sources of vegetable protein (yellow pea, raw cranberry and organic brown rice). The combination creates a complete amino acid profile which is rare for a vegan source of protein. It is also dairy, soy and gluten free, is non GMO and is free of artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors. It contains more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals and has a low glycemic index. It can serve as the base for a nutritious smoothie, frozen into pops or made into healthy protein bars. For a well-rounded and nutritious diet for your kids, be sure to include plenty of organic veggies, salads, nuts, seeds, low glycemic fruit and lots of filtered water.
Maureen H. McDonnell, RN
Cofounder, Saving Our Kids, Healing Our Planet, sokhop.com